At Keller Lake Commons Assisted Living, the health and safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. Our staff are trained annually on standard procedures and protocols for the prevention of the spread of infectious diseases. Additionally, during this time, all staff are receiving extra training on COVID-19 specific prevention protocols. We have also been working closely with the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and other state and local regulatory teams to keep updated on recommendations and changes in protocols.
Some of these changes include:
- Restricting access to team members and other healthcare partners
- Discontinuing communal dining and group activities
- Increasing disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Educating the residents about proper handwashing and hand sanitizing techniques
- Screening of all team members, healthcare partners, and critical partners when they enter the building through a comprehensive screening tool and temperature reading
- Screening the residents twice daily for changes in temperature and COVID-19 symptoms
- Encouraging residents to remain in their apartments as much as possible and when they come out to maintain a 6-foot distance from everyone
- Sanitizer dispensers are located at main entrance
- Implementing tele-visits with healthcare professionals, so residents can stay at home but stay on top of any health concerns
We encourage all family and friends to keep in touch with their loved ones through mail, email, and video chats. We encourage family to stop by and do a “window visit”. If you have supplies to drop off, please drop them off at the main door, press the white doorbell to alert staff that you are here. Have the package clearly marked with the name of your loved ones.
We encourage everyone to follow the link below to Minnesota Department of Health’s website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 763-263-2363 and ask to speak with Nicole.